So I don't usually do these "tagged" things, but I kinda think this one is cool. I was tagged by Scott, he has a pretty obscure set of quotes up. Plus I'm curious if my movie geek friends will get some of these. I'm not sure if the point is to be obscure (something I tend to be without trying) or to pick a quote that is easily guessed. There are some of both here. It helps if you know my varied taste in movies and favorite directors. I'm not going to tag anyone else though, sorry. (Correct guesses I will put in italics)
By the way, here is the premise.
Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb. Take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, cross it off the list. I trust you will not cheat (Google).
If you know one of these, put it in the comments and I'll update. I think after a week or so, I'll just put up the answers because some of these are kinda cool.
1. She tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up.
2. Sometimes it's interesting to see just how bad bad writing can be. This promised to go the limit.
3. I got the pool, she got the pool-man.
4. Hang on tightly, let go lightly.
5. Don't you think one of the charms of marriage is that it makes deception a necessity for both parties? May I ask why a beautiful woman who could have any man in this room wants to be married?
6. Not only did I enjoy that kiss last night, I was awed by its efficiency.
7. -- She sure is the "eat, drink and be merry" girl.
-- Yeah, she'll wind up fat, alcoholic and miserable.
8. My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!
9. I think you do. There's another kind. Not high-minded, not pure, but alive. Now, that your tastes at this time should incline towards the juvenile is understandable; but for you to marry that boy would be a disaster. Because there's two kinds of women. There are two kinds of women and you, as we well know, are not the first kind. You, my dear, are a slut.
10. New lovers are nervous and tender, but smash everything. For the heart is an organ of fire.
11. -- Who are you?
-- Doesn't matter.
-- What do you want?
-- To kill you.
12. Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains.
13. And to think that in some countries these dogs are eaten.
14. To eat good food is to be close to God.
15. Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.